The following pages will go over how to download, install and upgrade the CSLA templates.
Installing the CSLA Templates
This section will guide you through installing the latest version of the CSLA Templates.
It is strongly recommended to check in your solution and/or templates into Source Control or make a backup before continuing.
Installing the downloaded templates from the website
- Please follow these steps outlined in the "Downloading the latest Templates" section after downloading the CSLA templates from the internet.
- Install the CSLA Templates by extracting the downloaded templates to:
- Any non networked drive.
- A previous version of the templates. You can do this by overwriting your existing templates and extracting the new templates over them.
- Run the QuickStart template to get up and running. Please follow the upgrade guide, if upgrading from a previous version.
Installing the templates from NuGet
- Install the CodeSmith.Generator.CSLA NuGet package to a new or existing CSharp or Visual Basic project.
- Open the NuGet Package Manager Console.
- Type Install-Package CodeSmith.Generator.CSLA into the console and press enter.
- Configure the newly created Entities.csp CodeSmith Generator Project file.
- You will first need to open the Manage Outputs dialog. You can do this by right clicking on the Entities.csp file and selecting Manage Outputs.
- Next, double click on the Entities.cst template output or right click and select Edit Output.
- Next, configure what gets generated by choosing a Source Database. You can accomplish this by selecting the (...) button next to the SourceDatabase property.
- Finally, save your configured properties by clicking the OK button.
- Right click the Entities.csp and select Generate.